Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wee Harry Potters around the garden

Well call me a glutton for punnishment but I've got another puppy at home :-))

Unfortunately he's not mine for keeping - that darn thing called work gets in the way of most of the things I want.

So little Harry came to live with us last Friday and it has now been just over a week with him living in the Discoroc house.

My 3 were a bit put out at first - in fact let me rephrase that - my 3 were a LOT put out at first. Diva had the major huff, Samroc wasn't very amused and Mini kinda kept out of the scene a bit. I think it was because we had just had Rocstar come live with us the week before and he is well full on will all 3 of mine. Well suck it up princesses :-))

He's such a magic wee pup though. He is definately on the potential "special dog" category and I'd very much love to keep him - 1 powerball eh!!!

In the first few days he was a little tiger - with an attitude. He was aggro with Mini and Diva mainly and tried to be with Samroc - until the big lion came over and said "whatever sweetpea, don't give me your lip" - that was his one and only "go" at big Sam. Diva and Mini have started saying the "sweetpea" to him and he's learned not to be so stupid - I've even chased him for beign snippy to Diva but I can't tell him off in the way the dogs can - the downfall of being human I suppose :-))



He's settled in fab now and absolutely dotes on Samroc - as do most younger dogs (and some older ones too). Mini has become his wrestling partner and Diva is good for a toy fight now and again :-) Mini's more his size though and has a lot more tolerence towards him.

So what's happened in a week? Well Diva has told Harry off, Samroc has told Harry off, Samroc has told Harry off and Samroc has told Harry off again :-))

Samroc & Harry - hang out and play tug



Mini & Harry - Mini getting beaten up by the evil one :-)



Diva (big sis') with little bro' Harry - don't try that crap with me ya wee scaff!!!



Harry's been down to an agility trial and down to training 3 times now. He seems to be very interested in the dogs doing agility. He plays with the other dogs like he's one of the big ones - he runs about with the toys letting the others chase him and runs along with the other dogs chansing the other if someone else has the toy. He is still very "me" focused though. I can call him and he'll come running back to me - good wee man. I am starting to fall for him but I have to be strong as I am desperately seeking a Sam/Diva pup next year (if it happens) and need to keep a clear head - and space for him/her.

I just hope the home he gets is loving and caring and he gets everything he deserves in this life, he is special and I will never forget the special time I got to share with puppy Harry and the smiles he brought to the house :-)) love you Harry boy!

4 comments:

Helen Michelle said...

Hiya Jules,
Found you!!! think you should keep that little Harry ... c'mon what's one more ... when you've got 3 your may as well have 4!!!
Have added you to my blog links ... see you soon.
Helen

discoroc said...

Ha ha, very very tempting Helen, but I really really want a Sam/Div pup next year and I know I couldn't do 5 - not at the moment anyway :-)))

Sam said...

And besides, he's actually not available :P He's still the second-most promising of the litter on sheep so far, remember.

And I don't think we'd let you keep him anyway, Jules- look at what you've done to our sweet, placid wee Daisy ;)

discoroc said...

Sam I actually think he'd be better mounted on my wall - since I've come in and found my mob charger chord in 2 parts, lol.

Wee tike don't want him anyway :-)) I know where I'll stick my phone to charge it up now :-))

Being honest if you can keep him I would recommend you do - he's so people focused as well as dog focused - he's a smasher :-)