Sunday, November 23, 2008

WCRC WA Agility & Jumping Trial 22/11/08



Well we finally got back into the ring. I had wee Mini entered in Novice jumping and Diva entered in Excellent agility and Masters jumping - was her first Masters jumping run.....

So how did it all go. We started with little Mini in Novice jumping. It was a nice open flowing course - as I walked it I thought probably too open for Mini - she is still "green" and with gaps between obstacles mainly 8m there is too much room for error and her to shut down from the jumps. Of course the obstacles all being so far spread apart meant I had to move my butt and work every obstacle - that was probably the real challenge :-)). We were first in and I must apologise my little Minmin - she done a very nice round and clear - yay, she nailed it. Would've been nice to get it on tape though so I could look back and see it again to see what really happened rather than my recollection of the events whilst running her. Very proud of my Mini Minx :-)) The SCT was 40s and the wee Minxter done it in 18.42s so she was doing not too bad in time. In comparison, Diva and Samroc done their Novice runs in between 15 to 18 seconds so she's not too far behind them - go Mini. And to make it a bonus the trial was run in separate height classes so as Mini was the only 400 dog she also won :-))) Go Mini, she got a win, lol. The dog who got 2nd had a time of 24.95 so she didn't waste any time. Have to make room on the trophy cabinet for her wee Rosette, awww Mini, who said rescue dogs couldn't do it :-))

I ran Diva next in Excellent jumping and oh boy, Diva certainly wasn't Diva. She done about a +3 second dog walk (in comparison to 1.5s), her a-frame was slow and weaves felt about 10 minutes long - even her jumping wasn't like her normal zippy self. She nailed the seesaw, then we had 5 obstacles after that - this is when she turned into Diva. We got clear (2nd leg in EA) and was pleased with her getting clear but very worried with her style. After Samroc's accident I am such a worry wart. Sam W. was down watching as said the same as what I was thinking. Recall to earlier events in the day. Down at the river a guy had a ridgeback x bully (well that's what it looked like) - it was wearing a muzzle but the guy let it off to run - of course I had to be there at that point - well it nailed Diva 2ce - I had puppy Harry and he was screaming - I couldn't let the lead go or pup would've been off - Diva had got away and then it nailed her again - I rushed over as soon as I could and went to boot the dog off her but the owner was there pulling it off Diva. Had to pick up poor Harry who was still screaming and get over to check out Diva - tried to walk off as soon as I could, got about 20m and the dog came screaming past me and nailed diva again. The owner was running behind and had grabbed his dog "again" before I could even react. Now this is just down right daft to me. Why do people like this have dogs - especially big powerful ones that are likely to cause damage to other dogs, people and even itself?????? So back to the Diva and agility story - now I'm all worried thinking she's hurt and got Kriszty to have a look at her. Her back was all twitchy and sore so Kriszty kindly put her massage machine thingamajig over Diva and the flinching of the back went away after a few minutes - big thanks to Kriszty. With much apprehension I put her in Masters jumping - with the thought if she runs slow again or drops bars I'm pulling her - I'm glad I did put her in - peace of mind for me - she was running beautifully. I royally stuffed up the course though. It was a fantastic challenging course set by Jill Houston. A true masters level course which I look forward to seeing more of this standard - pity I couldn't remember it and had even walked the end bit wrong, OMG - the way the numbers were I had it in my mind to jump the jumps the opposite way - thank god we hadn't got that far - I really stuffed up before that point. But I still have to say a big thanks to Helen S. who told me the correct way of the end bit. So Diva got her quali and still got 2nd in 500 (not sure if there were only 2 qualies though in this class, lol). Cathy with the awesome Snazzy got 1st place so we can't moan at coming 2nd to him and Cathy. Well done Snooky and Snazzy :-)) Their round was fantastic too and a well deserved win.

It ended up being an awesome night after all. I had such a great time and getting back into that ring was such a high - I LOVE AGILITY :-)) The competitors and judges are fab too and make the scene. I'm looking forward to getting back into the ring at the next trial we enter (probably Dobe club) with the girls who ma
ke me so proud - with qualifiers or not - they do it for me and I truly love them whether we make it round the course the judges way or our way :-))


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Och Aye! You're a wee clever Haggis Diva!
Snazzy sends big kisses :-)

Anonymous said...

...and a big PS!!
I must protest at the sticking into of the flesh of that rosette on poor Diva..tut, tut.
Is that how they do it in the Highlands???????????? Tough dogs up that way:-)

discoroc said...

Hi Anon. It's actually Mini in the photo with the rosette and I'm sure if I stuck anything into her flesh or any of my other dogs flesh they would protest too, lol. The back of the rosette actually has nothing on it - only a flat paper back - I doubled up a bit of Sellotape and managed to stick it to the back of the rosette and then onto her collar - fell off the second she moved so had to take the photo v. quickly as Mini isn't a poser :-)) vbg - hey thanks for the compliment though it obviously looks like it is stuck on well - tricks of the camera though ehhh. I was indecisive of posting your comment as it isn't signed and I like the posts to have a wee name - however, as it made me laugh out loud for a very long time I just had to put it through - BTW I do believe in acupuncture but not doing it myself - doh!!

Cheers

Jules :-)))

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'll fess up...it twas me the blogger saboutager...only cos you were a raucous woman last night!
..and next time I'll put me glasses on before posting...tee hee.
I know you wouldn't stick pins in your dogs..maybe staples?? ha ha

discoroc said...

lol - love it, ya wee cheeky chops - hey we needed a cheering squad to lighten the mood anyhoo :-)))

BTW stay tuned I'm uploading a video on youtube and I think it's really funny, sure you'll get a giggle at it - should be ready shortly and I'll post the link on my blog :-)))

Jules - phew, it's sooooo hot!!!