Thursday, October 29, 2009

11/11/09 ACWA agility trial

Sunday 11th October ’09 we had the ACWA agility trial.

ACWA trial had individuals then strategic pairs. I love playing strat. pairs – such a hoot.

We had individuals first. This was to be Diva’s first Masters agility – oooohhhh!!!

Mini was up first in novice agility. She only needs one more pass to get her title and graduate into excellent – which has the seesaw and yep we can’t do that just yet. So there is no hurry at the moment to get out of Novice. (She’s still not “great” on her other contacts, start line or weaves either so there’s definitely no rush. We got a refusal on a collapsible tunnel – go figure, the wee scaff ran past it barking at me, lol. That’s cool though ‘cause she got all her contacts and weaves – yey minmin.

I think it was excellent jumping next (can’t remember too well) but I think she broke the start line and I would’ve made some stupid handling faux pas which I am obviously blocking from my memory, lol. No pass their either.

Wee Diva’s turn and we had Masters agility. Lovely challenging course and I stuffed up big time. Handling at one section was a crock and I made her pull down a bar. Dam it – sorry Diva. She had a close call on the seesaw and didn’t give the wait at the end I want (and it looked like she came off early too) – I stuck her back on; got the seesaw I wanted then retired. Looking back on Jens video she actually did get the seesaw but it still isn’t what I want so glad I did what I did – sorry for mucking up the jump Diva.

Masters jumping was the last of the individuals and boy if I had a gun I’d ask someone to shoot me. It was a nice challenging course and we got the pull through and just a 180 (or more like a 230) on another jump next – that’s cool – “out” would’ve probably been suffice – but what actually came out was “go tunnel” (which was in fact the next obstacle after the "230" jump) – well before I realised what I had done wee div had shot through the tunnel – what the........ OMG, good girl.

If there was a first place for the worst handling I’d definitely win the masters class in that easy. I even think I’m currently winning for worst handler of the year award, lol. I must say though I’m not entirely to blame. Some of this blame must go to Stacy P. Since she’s not been over to do a seminar this year and kick my butt then I have to put some of the blame onto her. Sorry Stace but the facts are the facts, lol. I’ll just have to keep on failing miserably and plodding along until you come over and show me what’s up with me (besides the obvious), lol. Feeling guilty yet, vbg – got your flight booked yet, lol. – Just remember to bring Jule P with you – she doesn’t know it yet but she gets to run Mini :-) Now that’ an experience and a half – you’ll thank me one day Jule (or never speak to me again) lol.

So we have strat. pairs in the afternoon. I love strat. pairs. I had done so miserable in the previous rounds that I was gonna try really, really hard. Well do my best anyway.

Mini and Dancer were on first. They are in Novice S.P’s. When we started strat pairs a year ago it included Mini only doing the a-frame and jumps, wee Dancer had to do majority of the course. Mini got to do contacts, the weaves and jumps – yay mini.

Dancer is blinding quick and was owning the course – go Dancer. Wee Mini isn’t exactly slow and was screaming too. We lost a bit of time on one of the change over’s. I was getting Mini lined up for the weaves and forgot you could hold the dog still when you’re not in play – so mini’s bark bark bark and dancer had already done the tunnel and jumps before I knew it. I forgot how fast Dancer is and I’m sure her feet didn’t touch the ground over the line of jumps after the tunnel, lol. There was smoke coming off her she was going that fast. Anyway I managed to get Mini lined up again and into the weaves, jump and a-frame. Phew!! The rest of the course was awesome for them.

This was the best strat pairs Mini and Dancer had had together (now that Mini’s getting her act together and not the spare wheel anymore, lol). They both did an awesome job.

They now just need 1 more pass to get into excellent. It’s got the seesaw in it so that’ll have to definitely be Dancer’s thing until Mini learns it and shares the burden, lol. Hey Dancer’s got an awesome seesaw anyway so that’s fine by me.

To top it off they ended up getting first place, yay girls. As you can imagine Megan and I were over the moon. They won a rosette and a bottle of wine each – yummy.


Diva and Epic were next. It was their first masters strat pairs and boy did they do their thing. Diva was absolutely on fire and I couldn’t ask any more of her than what she gave. Epic was hooning round too.

We kinda mistimed one thing on a change over which was near the end. Diva came out the tunnel over a jump, change over; epic to do the a-frame, change over again and diva do the jumps out.

This would make it flowing and quick as Diva comes out the tunnel and takes the jump in the sequence, continue over the not in play jump straight ahead of us and continue down the “in play” line of jumps home. As wee Div’ was taking the not in play jump Epic would do the a-frame.

Well didn’t quite flow like that. As I said Div was screaming and did the jump after the tunnel, the not in play jump then the start of the line home jumps in a nano second, crap, we had to pull back and do the jump again.

We haven’t done strat pairs for a year and are a bit rusty with our timing – but they had both screamed around the rest of the course and obviously made up heaps of time there because they still got first place – wooohoooo!!!



On top of the world is only a portion of what Megan and I were feeling. So we won another rosette and another bottle of wine – hangover waiting to happen, lol.

No comments: